Lawn Insect Control Services
Preventing insects from taking over the yard is necessary for the enjoyment of outdoor spaces in Florida. Our warm, humid climate is a natural breeding ground for many pests to thrive all year long. The methods used to maintain a pest-free yard is not just essential to the health of your grass and landscaping, but also affect the health of your family and your community. Our environmentally-responsible outdoor services reduce and prevent insect infestation while maintaining the beauty of your outdoor landscapes.
Outdoor Pests We Treat
Arrow’s lawn program focuses on pests common to our area that can cause damage to the aesthetic value of your landscape. With Arrow outdoor pest control, you can expect to see a significant reduction in the number of pests in your lawn and landscape, including:
- Chinch bugs
- Sod webworms
Lawn Pest Control Treatment: What You Can Expect
- Your local Arrow lawn expert will thoroughly inspect your yard and other outdoor areas for current and potential infestation locations.
- We will apply the first round of insecticide to the affected areas after the inspection to begin the treatment process.
- We will administer further pest treatments throughout the year to maintain your lawn’s health.
- You will always receive a summary of what treatments were conducted.
How to Prevent Lawn Pests and Enhance Your Treatment
In addition to Arrow’s lawn spraying services, there are some things you can do to prevent pests from infesting your yard:
- Mow grass to correct heights - Outdoor pests enjoy overgrown vegetation, so keep your lawn mowed to proper heights. Most Florida lawns are St. Augustine turf. We recommend a mowing height of 3-4" and not removing more than 1/3 of the blade with each cutting.
- Mow frequently - Mow once a week in spring and summer and every 10-14 days in the fall and winter.
- Irrigate properly - Maintaining an exceptionally healthy lawn will help prevent an infestation from occuring in the first place. Irrigate twice a week in the spring and summer. Irrigate once a week during the fall and winter. It best practice to water in the early morning year-round.
To learn more about Arrow’s lawn program which includes lawn pest control, disease management and weed control, or to schedule a free lawn evaluation, call 800-226-3139 or fill out the contact form online to get full details.